Foreign Services

Whether you are in need of an individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN), assistance with filing a nonresident US tax return, or you sold property in the US and don’t know where to start, we are here for you.

Our firm is an IRS Certified Acceptance Agent, which allows us to prepare and pre-process ITIN Applications so they can be expeditiously handled by the IRS. Being an IRS Certified Acceptance Agent puts us at an advantage when helping our foreign clients who have sold US property during the year because our firm alone can provide them with everything they will need to be in compliance with the IRS.

If you are a foreign person who sold property in the US during the year and are thus being subject to the mandatory Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act (FIRPTA) withholding tax, we will work with you and the Title Company to determine which forms you will need to file. We can assist with requests for FIRPTA exemptions, reduced withholding amounts, or early refunds of FIRPTA tax previously withheld. As stated above, if you do not already have a US ITIN, we can prepare and pre-process that application as well. Our FIRPTA services include the preparation and filing of Form 1040NR, the US Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return, which is needed in order to claim any excess withholding tax that should be refunded.

If you are not a legal citizen of the United States or do not hold a Green Card, yet engaged in a trade or business in the US during the year, we will assist in the preparation and filing of the US Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return (1040NR).

For more information on our Foreign Services, please contact Tammy Schmidt at (561) 368-0282 ext. 202 or